What If the School Isn’t Doing Enough?

I speak with parents all the time who are trying to navigate their public school’s special education services, and they’re confused. They ask, Is my child receiving the right services? Is my child getting what he/she needs? What if the school isn’t doing enough? Who can help me figure this out?

Franklin Special School District and Williamson County parents, did you know there is an advocacy service to help you? It’s called the Arc Williamson County. Any student and his/her family who receives special education services in FSSD or WCS or any students and his/her family that believes the student should be receiving special education services is eligible for Student Advocacy Services. The Arc can help you understand the laws regarding special education services and your child’s rights.