Virtual Dyslexia Tutor
Do you have a passion for helping struggling students learn to read and spell?
Tutors work individually with students to complete the Barton Reading & Spelling System, an Orton-Gillingham based program. Nashville Dyslexia Center also contracts ALTA Certified Academic Language Practitioners and Therapists who use Take Flight. You will build a roster of students that you will work with long-term, creating meaningful relationships with your students and their families. We value hard work, integrity, and humility. This work is life-changing…. for the student AND the tutor!
Nashville Dyslexia Center’s mission is to provide hope and help for struggling readers by providing the very best individualized instruction by professional teachers.
Tutors set their own hours, but we strongly recommend setting aside after-school hours, Monday – Thursday 3:30-7:00 PM CST. Tutors must be able to commit to 8 hours per week for a minimum of one year. Summer and breaks are scheduled separately.
Some morning and daytime hours may be available.
- A degree in education or related field
- Good standing and current membership with ALTA or Barton (when applicable)
- Clean criminal background check
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Computer capable of online tutoring
- Reliable, fast internet
- Zoom Pro subscription
- Software/technology to smoothly deliver Take Flight or Barton
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Punctual behavior
- A willingness to work hard, learn, and grow!
Send your cover letter and resume in PDF form to Erin Paske at email@example.com. If you have certification in an Orton-Gillingham based program, please include your certification. Include three professional references with email and phone number.
Our application process will include, but is not limited to:
- Formal interview
- Video submission of a demonstration lesson
- Criminal background check
- Reference check
Do you reside in the Metro Nashville area? Do you have the ability to travel to students at their homes, private schools, or a public library? We invite you to apply!