Do you have a passion for helping struggling students learn to read and spell?
Tutors work individually with students to complete the Barton Reading & Spelling System, an Orton-Gillingham based program. Nashville Dyslexia Center also contracts Certified Academic Language Practitioners and Therapists who use Take Flight. You will build a roster of students that you will work with long-term, creating meaningful relationships with your students and their families. This work is both challenging and rewarding!
Nashville Dyslexia Center’s mission is to provide hope and help for struggling readers by providing the very best individualized instruction by professional teachers.
Tutors set their own hours, but we strongly recommend setting aside after-school hours, Monday – Thursday 3:30-7:00 PM CST. Tutors must be able to commit to 8 hours per week for a minimum of one year.
Some morning and daytime hours may be available.
- A degree in education or related field
- Clean criminal background check
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Punctual behavior
- Computer capable of online tutoring
- Reliable, fast internet
- Experience in private tutoring, especially with an Orton-Gillingham based method
- Experience with online teaching
- Legitimate ownership of Foundation in Sounds, Barton Reading & Spelling System, Take Flight
- Reside in the Nashville Metro area
Send your cover letter and resume in PDF form to Erin Paske at email@example.com. If you have certification in an Orton-Gillingham based program, please include your certification. Include three professional references with email and phone number.
Our application process will include:
- Video submission of a demonstration lesson
- Criminal background check