Erin Paske, Founder
Nashville Dyslexia Center was started by a certified teacher, Erin Paske. Erin earned her bachelors in elementary education with honors from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire. In addition to teaching in Wisconsin public schools, she taught several years in private schools in St. Louis, Missouri, and Franklin, Tennessee.
Erin also understands homeschooling. For six years, she worked as a private teacher for families of high net worth, including a retired NFL player, entrepreneurs, and a professional musician. Erin saw the benefits of private, individualized instruction that could be tailored to the student’s way of learning and how quickly her students progressed.
In addition to teaching in public, private, and homeschool settings, Erin has a decade of experience tutoring students with reading challenges. Erin started the Nashville Dyslexia Center after seeing the struggles children experienced in the classroom year after year. Her personal mission is the mission of Nashville Dyslexia Center: to provide hope and help for struggling readers by providing the very best individualized instruction by professional teachers.
Erin’s Credentials and Training
- Certified Barton Tutor, 2018
- Certified K-6 teacher in the state of Tennessee
- Trainee of the Academic Language Therapy Association, 2020
- Trained in Spell to Write and Read, 2008
- Trained in S.P.I.R.E. (Specialized Program Individualizing Reading), 2018
- Professional Level Membership with International Dyslexia Association
- Member of the Learning Disabilities Association of America
- Registered tutor with Learning Ally